A mobile application, most commonly referred to as an App is a type of application software that is developed to run on a smartphone or tablet computer. Apps turn mobile devices into miniature powerhouses of function and fun. The use of app software was originally popularized by Apple Inc. and its App Store, which offers thousands of applications for the iPhone, iPad etc.
As in the year 2019, the three major players in the mobile apps space are:
- Google Play: For Android devices
- Apple’s App Store: For iPads and iPhones
- Amazon AppStore: For Amazon Fire devices
Some Common Mobile App
- Phone: This app is used to make calls. And most importantly it is used to store the contact details.
- Message: This app is used for sending and receiving SMS. It also stores draft, typed,sent and received messages.
- Email: This app is used to send and receive email messages by configuring email account (Gmail, Outlook etc.). It works similar to the web based email account.
- Calendar: This app is used to display Calendar in different views such as Yearly and Monthly. It is also used to schedule reminders, appointments etc.
- Clock: It is used to display time in digital and analog format. It is also used to set alarm, timer and stopwatch.
- Photos: This app helps to view images & videos and is also used to arrange photos in the form of album.
- Maps: This app is used for navigational purpose. It is enabled by GPS (Global Positioning System) technology.
- Web Browser: This app is used to search web to get desired information through internet.
- Music: This app is used to play and listen music, songs, audio, etc.
- Camera: It is used to capture & store photos and videos in the phone.